All Blantyre Water Board postpaid customers are required to settle their monthly water bills which are in proportion to the amount of water that has been consumed. It is a requirement that all bills should be settled within a period of 30 days, failing which a customer is disconnected and compelled to settle the total bill plus a reconnection fee of 5,000 kwacha. Paying bills in time ensures quality service delivery to the customers.
There are several payment modes of water bills as follows:-
- 1. Through BWB offices and pay points - customers can physically visit BWB pay points to settle their bills.
- 2. Through the bank - customers can pay through the banks with which BWB has an agreement. The banks at which customers can settle their bills are National Bank of Malawi, Standard Bank, Eco Bank, NBS Bank,First Capital Bank,FDH Bank and Ned Bank.
- 3.Through Mobile Bill Payment facility - customers can also settle their bills at their convenience through their Airtel Money and Telekom Networks Malawi (TNM) Mpamba. In this case, customers with Airtel or TNM numbers need to register for the service and load money in their phones which will enable them pay for their bills.
The following are the points where BWB customers can settle their water bills
- Chichiri Service Centre at Northgate Arcade along Chipembere Highway
- Blantyre Service Centre, Everest House, along Lower Scatter Road
- Limbe Service Centre in Lonhro House along Churchill Road
- Kameza Service Centre at Petroda Mall at Chileka Roundabout
- Soche Service Centre at Soche East Mall at Kudya along Kapeni Road